Brain LeisureSwedish indie-post-punk-wave sensation.
- The Exploding Boy is a indie/post-punk band formed in Stockholm, Sweden in 2006 by Johan Sjöblom (Prune, Fake Moss) and Les Andersson (Kodji, Run Level Zero).
- First demo-recording reached electronic-pop-queen Sophie Rimheden that took the band to her hears and offered to produce the next coming material.
- In March of 2006 the demand of seeing the band was huge. New member was added and the first rehearsal as a full band was done on the 5th of April the same year.
- The Exploding Boy made their live debut at Fight Club in Stockholm, Sweden the 5th of May, one month after the first rehearsal, and only 5 month after the start of the band. The gig was totally sold out.
- Within the first six month the band had been interviewed by both radio and TV and done several interviews for different magazines.
- In September of 2006 the band went into Big Island Studios (most famous for their work with German band Rammstein and Swedish acts like Mustasch and Covenant) together with producer and technician Tom Van Heesch.
- On the bands one year anniversary of their first rehearsal they released their self titled debut album.
- During the spring and summer of 2007 the band did several live shows to support their well acclaimed album.
- In the beginning of 2008 the band reassembled, now as a four piece band, but still with the same energy and catchy pop/rock tunes.