The Peoples Republic of EuropeHarsh industrial from the Netherlands.
The Peoples Republic of Europe is a harsh industrial/power noise/teknoid industrial outfit from the Netherlands. They blend in elements of funk, disco, hip hop, dancehall, EBM, techno and the likes in harsh power noise. This explosive cocktail of influences made them into one of the leading power noise acts in the world, and an act destined to explode every dancefloor.
tPROE started out on the 4th of june 2000, when [K] bought a version of Cubase VST 3.5 and started experimenting with it. On this and the following days the first demoalbum "Cumulonimbus" was made and released on CDr. This album contains 6 darkambient noise tracks, and received some good attention. In the following years tPROE released more demoalbums. tPROE never believed in short demo's for promotion and started releasing albums from the start. The second demo album "Thirst" marked the shift to rhytmnic noise. Some tracks were dark ambient like on the first album, and others were already hard stompers like the latter work. On the third album "Steel and honour" the shift was complete, and apart from an isolated track here and there tPROE became a power noise/rhythmnic industrial band.
In this time tPROE started playing live as well. XLII joined on steel percussion and some shows were played. Highlight being a band battle in Haarlem, where the organization did forbid the jury to choose tPROE as winner because "The music was to extreme".
After this tPROE released the fourth demo album Among the ruins and the live album The siege of Alkmaar. Especially the first one did sell extremely well. The decision was made to release the next album as a real CD. In these days [NOIR] joined the band for live vocals. In 2004 the first album Juche was released which was a concept album about North Korea. Critics were favourable, though many thought it odd tPROE didn't critizise the DPKR's regime.
The breakthrough came with the second CD Monopoly of violence. Several songs on this album made it into clubhits, and there were again frowns because of the inclusion of the cover song 'Pulling on the boots' from the Romper Stomper soundtrack. In these years tPROE also started playing bigger festivals like Summer Darkness, Noise:Nation and Noise Central Fest, and started playing bigger gigs with well known industrial acts like Terrorfakt, Winterkälte, Mono No Aware and others. After this tPROE released two more albums. Under Stress did consolidate the status of tPROE, and Lubrication did smash up the clubs once again.
In 2008 tPROE was offered a label deal with the Denver, USA based label Vendetta music. On this label the fifth album Singularity was released to much acclaim. In this time [NOIR] left the band to concentrate on his own Aryan cock-rock band Jugend and Statik and Puck joined the tPROE for live shows. In 2009 tPROE released the 6th album Babylon and did tours in Europe and the USA bringing sonic destruction worldwide. Babylon which incorporated even more influences outside standard industrial became a favorite of many, and some even claimed it was up there among the classic albums in industrial music. Currently tPROE is working on the 7th album Machine district.
- Cumulonimbus (CDr, Ltd) New Darkness Recordings 2000
- Thirst (CDr, Ltd) New Darkness Recordings 2001
- Steel And Honour (2xCDr, Ltd) New Darkness Recordings 2001
- Live In Magnifiosi (CDr, Ltd, Promo) New Darkness Recordings 2002
- Among The Ruins (CDr, Ltd) New Darkness Recordings 2003
- The Siege Of Alkmaar (CDr, Ltd) New Darkness Recordings 2003
- Juche (CD, Album) New Darkness Recordings 2004
- Monopoly Of Violence (CD, Album) New Darkness Recordings 2005
- Cumulonimbus II [ambient recordings 2003-2005] (File, MP3) Not On Label 2005
- Under Stress (CD, Album) New Darkness Recordings 2006
- Lubrication (CD, Album) New Darkness Recordings 2007
- Singularity (CD, Album) Vendetta Music 2008
- Nicolae Carpathia Died For Your Sins (File, MP3, EP) Not On Label (Self-Released) 2009
- Babylon (CD, Album) Vendetta Music 2009
- Mixtape USA (CDr, Album) New Darkness Recordings 2009
- New Tracks By Dutch Cybergothic Bands (CDr, Smplr, Promo, Ltd) Are The Stories Right?,Cybercase 2005
- Time To Play (CD, Album) Rape Your God (Funk Th... Not On Label 2007
- A Silent Mantra Of Rage (2xCD, Album) Assassins - The People... Vendetta Music 2009
Tracks Appear On:
- 10 Years DJ -X-X-X- Sampler 2004 - Cybergothic.nl (CD, Pro) Anti-Globalist I (Radi,Cybercase 2004
- Lowlands Industrialism (LP) Pax Europiana New Darkness Recordings 2004
- Van Duytschen Bloet (CDr) Angst! Not On Label 2004
- Lowlands Industrialism 2 (CD) Fundamentalist New Darkness Recordings 2005
- New Tracks By Dutch Cybergothic Bands (CDr, Smplr, Promo, Ltd) In Isolation, Cathedra, Cybercase 2005
- Das Bunker: Fear Of A Distorted Planet (2xCD, Comp) Monopoly Of Violence (Das Bunker 2006
- Extreme Sündenfall 4 (CD, Comp) Antiglobalist 1 UpScene, Indigo (2) 2006
- Extreme Störfrequenz 3 (CD, Comp) Dirty Distorted Dancehall UpScene, Indigo (2) 2009